Thursday, July 8, 2010

18

So, i'm 18 years old in under a week.

This prospect scares me. I remember not worrying about buying clothes, worrying about choices made or wherer the next dollar was going to come from. I loved not having a care in the world. The prospect of me growing up finally hit me when i saw the facebook fan page 'I remember when the hardest choice i had to make was choosing what colour crayon to use next'. It really made me reflect how much we change as human beings over time. How much we learn. We go from being this baby. Unable to even lift our neck, unable to talk, to understand, to think for ourselves, to these characters and personalities who create life, design humoungous erganomic structures, who think, philosophize, live. We have our own little world around us.

Humanity is brilliant in the sense that we are our own little world. We surround ourselves with things we want, and effectively create our lives. We are who we are and nobody else is the same as you. We are individual. There are 6.8 billion other individuals. This is the life we live now. You can read this and either see life as being small and insignificant, or magnicifently enourmous. We are tiny, and yet so large.

2 comments:

  1. Josh Olek when I turned 18 I instantaneously felt like an entirely different person

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS people are no where near as individual as they like to feel

    ReplyDelete